For a meatless Monday, try out some Warm Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwiches.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (1/4-inch) vertical slices small eggplant
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, softened
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) rustic sandwich rolls
- 2 (1/4-inch) slices tomato
- 1 cup arugula
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 135°C.
- Brush oil over eggplant.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add eggplant; cook 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of goat cheese over cut side of each roll half. Place rolls on a baking sheet, cheese sides up; bake at 135° for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from oven; top bottom half of each roll with 1 eggplant slice, 1 tomato slice, and 1/2 cup arugula. Top sandwiches with top halves of rolls.
And enjoy with chips or cassava on the side. Something to enjoy on a Monday after the big feast over the weekend. 🙂