Credit: The kids cook monday
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Spinach or tubua, stems and center ribs removed, leaves cut into thin strips, washed and dried in a salad spinner
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and tarragon)
- 12 baking cups
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Adult: Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Together: Lightly oil or coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Adult: Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Together: Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Together: Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until golden and fragrant.
- Together: Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and the tubua and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 7 minutes. Keep a watchful eye and adjust heat accordingly. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Together: Remove to a cutting board, cool slightly, and coarsely chop.
- Kid: Place the eggs, cheese, and herbs in a large bowl and whisk together until well combined. Stir in the chopped vegetables.
- Together: Using a tablespoon measure, pour the egg mixture evenly into each of the muffin cups. (You’ll end up with about 2 tablespoons per muffin cup.) Smooth the tops.
- Adult: Bake until golden brown and the eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly, remove from muffin cups, and serve at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or for a snack.
Would be nice for burger!! some burger buns, mayo, t/sauce, butter etc and enjoy!! Meatless Monday recipe for you 🙂 enjoy!!