“Cookies that look like little letters.”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup candied cherries, chopped
HOW TOI MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Blend flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter, lemon zest and orange zest until mixture resembles coarse meal. Blend sour cream in evenly.
- Gather dough into firm ball. Divide in half. Roll on well-floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut in 3 x 2 inch pieces; fold ends to center to resemble an envelope, overlapping slightly; seal with tiny piece of candied cherry.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with water; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 6 to 8 minutes.
your lovely valentine recipe for the weekend 🙂 happy valentines!