Recipe by reb.zemp
WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup raw sugar, or to taste
1/2 cup butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1 tablespoon warm water
1 lemon, zested
Topping and Filling:
3 1/2 tablespoonsconfectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 lemon, juiced, divided
3 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 7-inch round baking dish with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 cup raw sugar and 1/2 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well before adding the next egg. Stir flour, water, and lemon zest into creamed butter mixture until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of cake springs back when touched, about 30 minutes. Cool cake completely.
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and lemon juice together in a bowl using an electric mixer until topping is smooth and creamy. Mix 3 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar and remaining lemon juice together in a separate bowl to make the filling.
- Slice the cooled cake horizontally, forming 2 round cakes. Poke holes into the bottom cake and pour lemon-sugar filling over cake. Place second cake over the bottom cake and spread the topping over the top cake.
Your recipe for the weekend…do enjoy!!