RecipeBy: Mrs. Jaye
This is an absolutely INCREDIBLE recipe. Every time I’ve made it I’ve had to double it and it is still gone in nothing flat. People will beg you for the recipe
- 1packet pasta
- 2cups chopped green peppers
- 2cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2cups chopped red onions
- 1⁄2lb cubed provolone cheese(optional)
- 1⁄2lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2cup sliced black olives
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3⁄4cup pompeianextra virgin oil
- 3⁄4cup pompeian red wine vinegar (this brand is excellent in this dish)
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 1tablespoon oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon pepper
- Mix together dressing first and set aside until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Cook pasta according to the directions and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Slice the sliced pepperoni circles in half and separate slices.
- Mix together with pasta and chopped items, except the provolone cheese.
- Pour dressing over it all and mix well.
- Chill well.
- Add provolone cheese to salad before serving, otherwise it gets soggy.
- You may have to add extra red wine vinegar or olive oil to get it to the desired consistency.
- Some people like it moist, others on the drier side.
- This is guaranteed not to last long before it is completely devoured!
There you go!…just minus the pepperoni for vegetarians and your good to go 🙂 so do try it and enjoy!!