Sorry picture was taken this morning (we had it yesterday). It looks way more attractive once cooked 🙂 so don’t worry!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bunch of rourou leaves cut up in fine shreds
- 2 to 3 cups of flour
- Half an onion finely diced
- Minced garlic and ginger if desired for taste
- Oil for frying
- Thick and diluted coconut milk from 2 coconuts
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Mix your flour and water in a clean basin. You will need to have a thick consistency like mixing flour to thicken stew but this one is much more thicker.
- Once mixed, add the salt, your diced onions and minced garlic and ginger. (just a tip try using noodles flavor) Mix that well and heat your frying pan with just enough oil. Not too much.
- While it’s heating take a handful of your rourou leaves and put it in the flour mixture and mix it to combine well. (once that batch has finished, you can add more and do the same for the remaining rourou. You can also mix more flour if the first basin has finished.)
- Once your frying pan is nice and hot, using a spoon, scoop a spoonful of the rourou mixture and fry it until golden brown or like i love it,…a little burnt 😀
- Pour the diluted coconut milk into a pot and layer the rourou patties in the pot, salt to taste and cook that on medium high heat until it starts to simmer and pour in your thick coconut milk.
- Add in onions and or tuna, tin.fish or tin.meat if desired or just live it as it is and cook till it starts to boil and serve.
- Nice to eat when it’s hot.
Enjoy with cassava, dalo or like i enjoyed it yesterday with rice…yyummmmyyyy!!!! try it my friend and enjoy!!