WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 cups of water
- 20 young taro(rourou) leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1½ rounded tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Boil the water, add the rourou and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Drain and mash the rourou and set aside.
- Heat the butter, margarine or oil, and fry onion for one minute.
- Add flour and stir the mixture over a low heat for one minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in milk.
- Put back on heat and bring to boil.
- Add the rourou and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
i don’t know about you but we have a vegetable day on wednesdays and this could be one added recipe to the menu 🙂 something healthy and easy to make!! try it and enjoy
Keep in mind: if you are not a rourou lover, Green vegetables are a major source of iron and calcium for any diet so add this in your diet and you’re good to go my friend 😀