Recipe by Judy
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked white rice
- 8 cabbage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) cancondensed tomato soup
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
And there you have your recipe for the week…nice to enjoy with fried cassava…yum yum! or whatever you prefer…just try it!and enjoy 🙂