WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch round pan.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, vanilla, and milk into mixing bowl. Beat slowly to moisten, then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup batter; pour the remainder into pan.
- Stir cocoa into the 3/4 cup reserved batter. Drop by spoonfuls over top of white batter. Using a knife, swirl the cocoa batter into the white batter to incorporate it in a marble effect.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
So if there is somebody’s birthday today, whip this recipe up and enjoy and delicious marble birthday cake…..or mayve have it for dessert with ice-cream or custurd…hmmmmm…..try it and enjoy!!!