Your recipe for the weekend….and something to whip up for mum this mothers day for breakfast 🙂
Credit: Taste of home
Yield: 12-15 servings.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
For the frosting:
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake and enjoy!!
Nice to have with a cuppa milo or cocoa or even a nice hot cup of drau-ni-moli… can even have for dessert with some ice-cream on the side 🙂 so try it and enjoy!!