CREDIT: Amanda’s cooking
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs (2 sleeves) or you could crush some arrowroot or scotch fingers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (for crust)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (for filling)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave and let it cool. Combine the crumbs and butter, then press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until incorporated. Turn up and beat well for a minute or so. Add a heaping tablespoon of the drained crushed pineapple and stir in with a rubber spatula. Spread the cream cheese and pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Fold the remaining pineapple into the Cool Whip and spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
An amazing dessert to prepare over the weekend 🙂