WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shelled salted peanuts
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175 Degrees Celsius). Butter a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until the mixture is light. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Beat well. Add the flour, baking powder, and peanuts. Blend well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter, 2 inches apart, onto the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown. Cool. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled cookies. Store in a cool, dry place.
Enjoy with the kids….or just keep for their snack after school 🙂