Since it’s national peach pie day….our recipe for the week: peach pie! something to whip up for the kids during their 2 weeks holiday…. 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cupall-purpose flour
- 1 cupwhite sugar
- 1/4 cupbutter
- 1 recipepastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Mix flour, sugar and butter into crumb stage.
- Place one crust in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. Line the shell with some sliced peaches. Sprinkle some of the butter mixture on top of the peaches, then put more peaches on top of the the crumb mixture. Continue layering until both the peaches and crumbs are gone.
- Top with lattice strips of pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden. Allow pie to cool before slicing. Best when eaten fresh.
do try out this delicious and healthy recipe something for the kids to enjoy for dessert during the holiday 🙂