Recipe by Reader recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slab pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use a wooden spoon to combine the flour, coconut, sugar and butter in a large bowl. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl. Transfer to the prepared pan. Use a metal spoon to press firmly over the base. Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150°C.Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp in a large bowl until smooth and well combined. Pour into the pan and spread evenly over the base. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until just firm to the touch. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.
your recipe for the weekend…might not be passionfruit season but you surely can keep this for when there is abundance of passionfruits 🙂 enjoy and do try it!