“Why not try this citrus cake on a very hot summer day?”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch round pan.
- Separate the eggs while cold, then bring to room temperature.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and grated orange rind until light and fluffy. Mix flour and baking powder together. Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice to the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate large CLEAN bowl, with a CLEAN whisk or beaters, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes
Your recipe for the weekend as you look forward to host a meeting, or put together a birthday bash for a family member…it’s rather simple and easy to make 😀 so try it and enjoy