WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cup half-and-half
- 2 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.
I don’t know about you but i love coconut pies….they are delicious and why not try this one out for the weekend 🙂 enjoy and let me know how it went 😀