Credit: Recipe Wikia
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar(can be substituted with baking powder)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar(or backing powder), then beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 portions and roll them out, one at a time, on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Cut with a cookie cutter and transfer cutouts to a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. until lightly browned—no longer than 10 minutes.
A lovely afternoon tea snack….or just for the kids to take with them to school…try it and enjoy!!