Credit: food network
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups cooking dates, honey or medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- inch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp water, added gradually
- 100 g dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup natural or organic peanut butter
- 1 cup puffed crispy rice cereal or puffed crispy quinoa
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
HOW TO MAKE IT:
2. Add the walnuts into the food processor and pulse using the “s” blade until a crumble forms. Then add the dates, cacao powder and sea salt, blending so that it forms into a “dough”. Add 1 Tbsp of water at a time through the feeder hole as the food processor is running. You don’t want the “dough” to be too wet, but you do need enough water for it to adhere together
3. Once the “dough” is sticky enough to form a ball, remove it from the food processor and place it in an 8 inch square pan that’s lined with parchment paper. Use your fingers to press the dough into the pan so that it’s spread out and even, then immediately place it in the freezer.
4. While the brownies are chilling and hardening, start making the topping. Melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and peanut butter in a small pot over medium heat. Continue to stir with a silicone spatula until all is velvety and melted together. Once smooth, fold in the crisp cereal of choice.
5. Remove the brownies from the freezer and pour the chocolate peanut butter crunchy topping over. Use a spatula to get an even layer.
Lovely recipe the kids can enjoy over the weekend 🙂 try it!! and enjoy!!