A Diwali sweet to enjoy this public holiday…
Recipe by Priti
Credit: indian khana
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Cup – Milk Powder
- 1 Cup – Condensed Milk
- A Pinch – Saffron
- 1 tbsp – Hot Milk
- 1 tbsp – Ghee
- 1/4 tsp – Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp – Chopped Pisatachios
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Finely chop pisatachios and soak saffron in milk for 10 minutes or until needed.
- In a heavy bottom pan or cooking wok mix condensed milk and powder milk whisk it till there is no lumps
- Put the pan on the stove on low heat and start stirring. Add ghee and the saffron milk mix well, keep stirring until mixture becomes bubbly, thick and starts to stick on the side of pan for about 5 to 7 mins. Turn off flame, do not cook further or peda will be hard.
- Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes or until you are able to handle and knead well to form smooth dough. Divid the dough into 20-25 pieces.
Grease hands with ghee or oil and roll peda mixture into smooth balls, press center of peda with your finger to make light thumb prints. Repeat for rest and garnish with the finely chopped pista.
~ Or you can roll dough on a greased board and rolling pin and cut in to desire shape using cookie cutter…
Your Indian sweet to enjoy this diwali…enjoy! and Happy Diwali!!