Time to enjoy some meatless meals 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetarian broth
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked, or 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely minced, or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked whole wheat macaroni, ABC or orzo pasta
- 2 cups greens* (like spinach or tubua), finely chopped
- several drops hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes, or until the onion is transparent.
- Add the tomato juice, wine and tomatoes. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the vegetable broth, cooked chickpeas or white beans, basil, sage and rosemary. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the uncooked pasta and reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked, but still firm.
- Add the green and simmer for 5 minutes more, or until the greens are soft and lightly cooked and the pasta is cooked to taste.
- Season with the soup with hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
Try it and enjoy!