Want curry in a hurry? This deliciously fruity recipe is a really quick and healthy pick-me-up… Substituting fruit for your meat might sound a little unusual but trust us – this delicious and easy mango curry is well worth a try.
- Serves 4-6
- Cooking time: 10minutes
Check out: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/137604/mango-and-tomato-curry
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2tbsp oil
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- Handful fresh or dried curry leaves
- 2tsp turmeric
- 5cm (2in) piece ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2-3 green chillies, halved lengthways
- 300g tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large, firm mango (skin on), cut into chunks
- 700ml (1¼ pt) natural yogurt
- Cooked rice, to serve
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Fry the mustard seeds until they begin to pop, then add the curry leaves, turmeric, ginger, garlic, onion and chillies, and season well.
- Once the onion starts to brown, add the tomatoes and mango. Cook for a further few mins or until the tomato starts to soften. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Serve straight away with plain or basmati rice.
AND THERE YOU HAVE YOUR RECIPE FOR THE WEEK…SOMETHING TO TRY OUT IN PLACE OF MEAT……INTERESTING HOW YOU CAN PUT TOGETHER SOMETHING SO DELICIOUS….WELL, DO TRY IT AND ENJOY AND REMEMBER THAT IT WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE SO MAKE SURE TO HAVE A LOOK SEE…