“A broiled sandwich, made of fresh seasoned tomatoes, with an Italian taste. A perfect match for soup.”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, black pepper and 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Serve immediately, open faced or closed.
for our family and friends who are vegetarian…enjoy as it is or with a nice big bowl of soup…yum!!! try it!