WHAT YOU NEED:
- 70g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 1 x 2L ctn vanilla ice-cream
- 200g Nestle white chocolate melts
- 90g (1/3 cup) hundreds and thousands
- Hot water and a jug
- Melon baller these are scoops that makes small balls. You could also use an ice-cream scoop as long as they form round balls
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Fill a small jug with hot water. Place the cornflour in a bowl.
- Dip a melon baller in the hot water and use a tea towel to quickly dry. Use the melon baller or a scoop to scoop out a ball of ice-cream. Place the ball in the cornflour and toss to coat. Use your hands to quickly roll the ball until smooth. Place the ball on a baking tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Repeat with the remaining cornflour and ice-cream to make 20 balls. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Place the chocolate melts in a small heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for 1 minute. Use a clean, dry metal spoon to stir the chocolate. Heat, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 1 minute or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a fork to dip 1 ice-cream ball into the melted chocolate to evenly coat. Place on a clean baking tray and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Repeat with the remaining ice-cream balls, melted chocolate and hundreds and thousands. Place in an airtight container in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
A lovely recipe to enjoy over the weekend with the kids….try it and enjoy!!