Recipe By: RCFoodie
Review: “This is a really easy recipe that my mom made before the lemon bar ‘rage’ was on! Thick-skinned lemons work the best. I suggest using real butter and eggs, I’ve tried using eggbeaters–nowhere near as good!”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 2 cups of flour and confectioner’s sugar together. Cut in the butter or margarine. Mix well until the dough resembles pie dough consistency. Press the dough into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat together eggs, sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and lemon rind for at least 1 minute. Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake the bars another 20 minutes, or until the lemon topping has set. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar when cooled.
Thats your recipe for the weekend….do try it and enjoy as you enjoy the public holiday!!