Credit: Kidspot kitchen
These individual kids trifles are great party food and you won’t have to be slaving for hours to get the finished product. They have layers of sponge, fruit, custard, jelly and cream.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 ready-made sponge or Home-made sponge cake
- 1 pkt red jelly, mixed and set
- 2 cups pre-prepared custard
- 1 tin (800g) fruit salad in juice
- 1 cup cream, whipped or whipped cream from a can.
- 8 plastic wine glasses
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Slice the edges off the cake and cut into 2cm thick slabs. Tip the plastic cups upside down and push them into the sponge so they cut a circle of sponge out. Put this cake in the bottom of the cup.
- Spoon two tablespoons of fruit salad (juice and all) on top of the sponge.
- Spoon on 1/2 cup custard per cup and then the same of jelly.
- Top with cream and sprinkles.
And there you have your delicious dessert recipe for the weekend….putting together a party? this is just the dessert you’re looking for!! Try it!