Credit: All thanks to indianhealthyrecipes for our coconut burfi recipe
WHAT YOU NEED:
- cardamom powder
- nuts (almonds, cashew your choice)
- oil/ghee for frying
*Measurements entirely up to you!
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Grease a plate or pan and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with ghee/oil
- Add in coconut
- Add sugar
- Mix and begin to heat on a medium heat. As sugar begins to melt, Add cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- Mixture will turns gooey and bubbly but continue to stir. We need to cook past the earlier step just for few seconds until all the bubbles vanish. The mixture also begins to leave the sides of the pan so when that happens, add in the nuts.
- Immediately pour this to the pan and level, garnish with the nuts and tuck them in.
- Gently cut to desired size when the mixture cools down a bit and still hot. If the mixture cools down completely, we may not get proper shaped burfi. So do it when it is still hot.
- And store in an air tight jar.
And there you go! Simple, easy and something you can try…but please be aware of your sugar level….lol…do enjoy!!!