Goat meat is darker, richer and has less fat than lamb.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 700g goat meat, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp crushed fresh ginger root
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp each coriander seed, cumin, fennel seed and black pepper, all ground
- 1 whole chilli (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp cashew or macadamia nuts
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 180ml natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the meat and brown.
- Remove the meat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and cardamom, and stir fry over a medium heat until the onions turn golden.
- Add the spices and nuts, and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer until soft.
- Return the meat to the pan.
- Beat the yogurt with a little water and the lemon juice, and stir in.
- Season, cover, and simmer over a low heat until the meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and chutney. Season to taste.
lovely local recipe to try out…nice when spicy 🙂