WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 lb. (6-8) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into rounds
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 425°. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl stir together butter, garlic, lemon zest, and thyme. Rub butter mixture all over chicken thighs, including under the skin.
- Place lemon rounds, potatoes, and chicken thighs in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish and bake until thighs register 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 35 minutes. If you’d like the skin more crisp, broil on high for 1 to 2 minutes until golden.
Try it and enjoy 🙂