If you think chicken cannot be cooked in coconut milk, think again my friend and try this recipe out for yourself!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- One CREST CHICKEN 1kg pack chicken wings
- 10 oz (280 g) frozen chopped spinach (for those living abroad) for us in fiji fresh is best 😀
- 14 oz can of coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup (30 g) onions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste, or 4 small cloves chopped
- ½ lime, to taste
- 2-3 thai chilis, or to taste (opt)
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- extra chopped onion and garlic for cooking the chicken
- Cook the chicken in some onion, garlic and oil till nice and tender. This step can be done either before or after cooking the spinach separately.
- Remove the frozen chopped tubua/spinach out of the wrapper, and place on a microwave safe plate and heat for 1½ minutes on high in your microwave oven, until it has mostly thawed.
- For us purchasing tubua/spinach fresh, just give it a good wash and chop up
- In a medium sauce pan, bring one cup of water to a boil; add in the chopped onion, garlic paste, chilis (opt), and salt and simmer with the lid closed until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add the tubua to the pot, adding more water if needed (it should be just covering the spinach). Let the tubua cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until everything is tender.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the entire can of coconut milk and stir. Let this boil for an additional 4-5 minutes, until the milk thickens and absorbs all of the flavor.
- Add an additional cup of water at this stage, to prevent the coconut milk from burning; boil until you reach a desired consistency.
- Season with the juice of half a lime, adding more lime and salt per your taste.
- Enjoy with some nicely cooked cassava or dalo <3
Enjoy!! all thanks to Crest Chicken “home, family, crest”