- 3 cups plain flour (sifted)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Melt sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat, taking care not to burn the sugar.
- Slowly add coconut cream to the melted sugar, one tablespoon at a time, stirring it in well after each addition.
- Stirring constantly, bring the syrup to the boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Fold the sugar syrup into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a buttered 2 litre pudding tin and steam for 1½ hours in a large pot over the stovetop.
- Test if fully cooked with a skewer inserted into the middle of pudding and return to stovetop if necessary
Thats your recipe for the weekend and you can serve with warm custard or spread with butter. and enjoy! i know everybody has their own way of making purini but thats one way…
If you don’t have a pudding pan, simply use a container smaller than a large pot like a rice cooker insert and simply cover with tin foil.