WHAT YOU NEED:
- 675g Minced Beef
- 1 heaped tbsp Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly chopped Thyme
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 25g/1oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 240ml Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 heaped tbsp Curry Powder
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into balls about the size of golf balls.
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan until very hot then add the meat balls and brown quickly on all sides. Remove the meatballs from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour into pan and cook for 2 minutes, mixing vigorously.
- Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly, then add the tomato paste and curry powder and mix well.
- Return meat balls to pan, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 60 minutes. Serve immediately.
Enjoy that with rice and you’re good to go!!! lovely recipe for the family!!