WHAT YOU NEED:
- 750g rourou leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided measure
- 1 cup coriander, finely chopped, divided measure
- 1 cup spring onion, finely chopped, divided measure
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup of ground flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp Olivado avocado oil or and oil you have in your kitchen
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Tear the stalks off the rourou leaves and tear the leaves again into smaller pieces. Place the leaves into a saucepan of boiling water.
- 1 hour later, mash the leaves finely with the back of a spoon or with a masher, and strain all the excess water.
- Put 3 tbsp of mashed rourou leaves in a bowl. Add a handful of chopped spring onions, a handful of chopped coriander, half of the garlic, pinch of salt, black pepper and the torn basil leaves in with the rourou leaves.
- Mix all together gently with your hands and roll into little balls (roughly the size of meatballs). Dip the balls into the ground flour so they are lightly covered.
- Place the avocado oil in a frypan and heat to medium-low. Place the floured balls in the pan, making sure not to burn the leaves. Allow several minutes to cook until golden brown.
- Take the balls out of the fry pan and add the coconut cream, chicken stock, the rest of the garlic and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Let the mixture simmer, then add the rourou balls back in.
- Baste the rourou balls in the creamy mixture for 5 minutes. Add extra coriander and spring onions into the pan as garnish.
- Serve with cassava/dalo/rice
Try it and enjoy!!