Pic. Credit: ThreeTaste.com
A recipe that we enjoyed on Sunday….delicious indeed!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5 medium sized eggplants cut up in strips
- 1 packet of noodles
- 1 tin tuna (of your choice)
- 5cloves of garlic minced
- One small piece of ginger minced
- Half an onion finely diced
- 1 bundle of dhania finely diced
- Salt, vitcin and noodle flavor to taste
- Coconut milk from 2-3 small coconuts
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat
- Fry the eggplant strips in batches till nice and golden brown
- In a clean medium size pot lay the deep fried eggplant strips in layers
- If you have 2 or more layers, than in between each layer, sprinkle some garlic/ginger with the onion till you reach the top layer to finish all the garlic, ginger and onion
- Once you have done that open the tuna and pour it over the eggplant
- Spread it nicely and break up the noodle on top and pour the coconut milk over
- Cook it over low high heat
- Keep in mind, it’s the coconut milk that you’re cooking
- So once it starts to simmer, add in your salt, vitcin and flavor.
- Cook for another minute and take it off the heat.
Enjoy with some nice cooked dalo….ummmm…..try it and enjoy!!
Note: this recipe is cooked in a pot, you could also bake it in the oven and lay the fried eggplants in a tray with the same procedures and bake till the coconut milk starts to bubble/simmer..
P.S: the picture posted, thats what it will look like..sorry i didn’t get a picture of the one we enjoy over the weekend..