Great recipe for vegetarians 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
1 tbsp fresh dill, or 1 tsp dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (or more if necessary) bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- yogurt or sour cream for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a small bowl mix zucchini, onion, egg, dill and salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add bread crumbs and stir in. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit more bread crumbs. Shape into small patties.
- In a skillet heat just enough oil to coat the bottom. Add a small bit of zucchini mixture to the oil. It should start to sizzle right away. If not, let the oil get a bit hotter. Taste the test piece and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Place patties into the skillet in a single layer. Allow patties to cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, taking care that they don’t burn, about 5 minutes. Turn patties over and cook until the second side is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and pat with paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve immediately with a bit of yogurt or sour cream on the side for dipping.
Breakfast, Lunch or dinner…..great to enjoy any day and time of the week. Try it and enjoy!!