WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 (11.5 oz.) canned chunky corned beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¾ cup beef broth or water
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a casserole.
- Add the garlic and onion. Saute until the onion becomes soft.
- Put-in the chunky corned beef. Stir and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the beef broth; let boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water or beef broth if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil becomes hot, pan-fry the cubed potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried potato on the casserole where the corned beef is cooking. Make sure that the liquid in the cooking pot is almost dry. Stir. Add salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Serve for breakfast with toast or steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
A great recipe for the whole family 🙂 try it and enjoy!!