WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1 quart vanilla no-sugar-added, fat-free ice cream, softened
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Combine first 3 ingredients; reserve 1 cup mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly in bottom of a 9-inch square pan. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crumb mixture in pan. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over ice cream; gently press mixture into ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 8 hours.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 minutes; cut into 9 squares.
As we have been enjoying desserts that are made for everyone, i thought to get a dessert for our family and friends who are diabetic. Something they can enjoy over the weekend. But it’s not only for diabetic patients but for all as we go healthy this weekend 🙂
Enjoy and try it out!!