Credit: Sassy Radish
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 cups cooked coconut rice (make about 1 cup rice according to package instructions, substituting coconut milk for water)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced at a diagonal, white and green parts separated
- 1/3 cup cilantro (leaves and stems), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional) or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (opt)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. In a large non-stick sauté pan, or a wok, heat oil over high heat until it shimmers. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add rice and continue to cook on high heat, for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in white scallion parts and half of cilantro and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring. Add fish sauce and cook for another minute. Add chili sauce, stir, and immediately add the scallion greens and the remaining cilantro. Stir to combine and add lime juice. Immediately remove from heat and serve with extra lime wedges, if desired.
Another meatless Monday recipe for you and i to adventure into…try it and enjoy