Recipe by: Chrissy Freer
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 600g chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- (1/2 cup) chicken stock
- (1/3 cup) cashews, finely chopped
- (1/4 cup) natural yoghurt
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups steamed Rice
- Chopped cucumber, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. ADD oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the tandoori paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until you have that nice sweet smell.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Stir in tomato and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cashew and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in the yoghurt and spinach. Divide the rice and chicken mixture among serving plates. Top with cucumber and coriander.
And there you have your recipe for the week….do try and enjoy!!