WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a skillet.
2. Place pan over medium heat on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and a caramel sauce forms.
4. Use a spoon to flip the bananas over and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. When the bananas soften and begin to brown, remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the bourbon to the pan, standing back. Swirl the pan to incorporate the bourbon and using a long-neck lighter, carefully ignite the bourbon.
6. When the flames subside, swirl the pan again to mix the sauce. Lift the bananas out of the pan and place over ice cream. Spoon warm sauce over the top and serve immediately.
melting the ice-cream in the process…..yum!! just delicious indeed 😀 try it and enjoy!!
Please note: you can substitute bourbon with vanilla.