Credit: Tastey Buzz feed
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
For the Tiramisu
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 fresh bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons (or 1 stick) instant espresso granulate
- 4 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Mash the 4 ripe bananas in a clean plate
- In a clean bowl mix the butter, sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract until it’s well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt through a sieve and blend well into the mixture. Then add walnuts and stir carefully with a spatula.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes until the top is golden brown and firm. Let cool.
- Add sugar to whipping cream and beat to stiff peaks.
- Slice the banana bread into even ½-inch slices and line a baking pan with half of the slices.
- Dissolve instant espresso in cold water, add amaretto if desired, then apply half of it on the bread slices with a brush.
- Using a third of the sweet whipped cream, cover the banana bread with a thin layer of cream until the bread is completely covered.
- Add a layer of banana slices covering the whole baking pan and top it off with another third of the cream.
- Top with the rest of the banana bread slices, coffee mixture, and sweetened whipped cream.
- Dust cocoa powder on top with a small sieve until it is completely covered.
Enjoy this lovely recipe and here is the video that can assist you 🙂
Our last recipe for the year so do try it 🙂 😀
Happy New Year!!