Credit: food network
WHAT YOU NEED:
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan with 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed, about 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook 12 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until ready to serve. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pan and increase the heat to medium high. Add the broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, until charred in spots.
- Add 3/4 cup water and simmer until the broccoli is crisp-tender and only a few tablespoons of water remain, about 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Divide the rice and broccoli among bowls and drizzle with the pan juices.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet, season with salt and fry as desired.
- Place an egg in each bowl and top with the bacon, cilantro, spring onions and pickled jalapenos which is an option for you and enjoy!!
Recipe for the week…