“This has a terrific aroma and taste. These scones are perfect for tea.”
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt into a large bowl. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly. Add shredded apple and milk. Stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times. Pat into two 6-inch circles. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Score each into 6 pie-shaped wedges.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until browned and risen. Serve warm with butter.
And there you have a recipe that you can whip up for the weekend…enjoy with a nice cup of green tea will do the trick for a nice sunday morning…