Credit: BBC good food
Christmas isn’t complete without creamy bread sauce and this recipe is super-easy to make
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 140g crust-less bread, torn into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, plus extra to serve
- ½ tsp ground mace, plus extra to serve
- grating fresh nutmeg
- 500ml milk
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Put all of the ingredients into a small saucepan. Cover and simmer for 15 mins, then whizz to a smooth or chunky sauce – whichever is your favourite.
- Top with extra bay leaves or more nutmeg to serve. Can be made 3-4 hrs ahead, then reheated in a microwave to serve.
Enjoy some lovely sauce this christmas along side those delicious meals….Enjoy!!