Credit: Hawaiian local recipes
Try this light and crispy potato chip cookies using taro chips. Serve with a scoop of ice-cream. Yum yum!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1½ to 2 cups taro potato chips, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening with white and brown sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to butter sugar mixture. Next, add vanilla fold in crushed chips and nuts.
- Shape into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. With a fork gently press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
A great hawaiian dessert to try out over the weekend 🙂 remember our recipe for the taro potatoe chips? well, make that and use it for this cookie recipe 🙂 try it and enjoy